Do you ever set your alarm early to get something sorted and then regret that decision the second the alarm goes off? Well that is exactly how I felt on Tuesday morning. I had it in my head that it was a good plan to wake up early and make some protein pancakes!
So the alarm went off at 6 and I thought I had turned the alarm off, but it turns out I had snoozed it! (Never done this before!!) And I think I took this as a sign that I needed to get out of bed and get making them – it was a great move I have to say!
I am a massive fatty when it comes to food, and love to try new things and these protein pancakes are a great option for breakfast. All you need is:
- 1 banana
- 1 scoop (30g) of protein powder I used some Herbalife Rebuild Endurance Vanilla but any would work
- 1 egg
- 25g rolled oats
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Handful of berries
- Add all ingredients, except coconut oil and berries to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Heat the pan on a medium heat, add the coconut oil.
- Pour a small amount into the pan and wait until cooked and then flip.
- I like to pile the pancakes up and then cover them in honey, yogurt and sprinkle with the berries - but you can serve them however you like.
**This product was gifted to me to try and review by Herbalife24, but the opinions and photos are my own