I am a big fan of a cookie, and in all honesty I can eat most types of cookie! The gooey ones, the crunchy ones, the chocolatey ones the fruity ones! I can handle them all!
So when Buy Whole Foods Online got in touch and send me a box of:
I immediately thought I would made some cookies and some granola.
This recipe is for oat, cranberry and macadamia nuts, and these cookies are free firm crunchy variety and are so yummy I think I ate 2 straight out of the oven!
- 1 cup of butter
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of macadamia nuts
- 3/4 cup of cranberries
- 3 cups of oats
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees
- Cream together the butter and sugar
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix together
- In another bowl, mix the flour, salt, cinnamon and baking soda together and then add to the wet mixture
- Finally combine the oats, cranberries and nuts until a nice dough is formed
- Roll into small golf ball sized balls onto a lined baking tray and bake for 8-10 minutes depending on how brown and crunchy you want them
For me this recipe made roughly 20 cookies, but it totally depends on what size you create!