With roughly 9 weeks until Baby Bell Smedley is born, I have decided to start doing some reading about the kind of birth I think I would like to have.
I have seen and heard of hypnobirthing a lot. From what I have heard and read so far, hypnobirthing is all about staying relaxed, breathing your way through the birth and learning to deal with however your baby decides to make its entrance into the world. Let’s be honest about this – they do what they want and when they want!!
As I have practiced yoga and meditation for a good few years, this style of pain relief really appeals to me. I would also like to think I am a pretty laid back person on a day to day basis so hope this will help?
Living up North there are not a lot of places where you can go on a physical course to learn all about hypnobirthing and the places that are available are pretty pricey. So when I come across The Positive Birth Company Digital Pack I decided to treat myself.
For £35 you get:
- 6+ hours of video content (43 individual videos)
- 4x MP3s to download
- A course notes booklet in PDF format to download
- A birth preferences template to download and complete
- A sample copy of completed birth preferences to use for reference
- Access to a private Facebook group for support, advice and positive birth stories
So I will start the videos today and let you know how I get on with them over the next few weeks!
Has anyone else done a hypnobirthing course? I would love to hear what you thought of it and if it was worthwhile.