I do enjoy to mix up my food for lunch and for evening meals, but I have to say I get stuck in a routine with my breakfasts. Every Friday is pancake day, where protein pancakes are on the menu – when I am at home! other than that I alternate between overnight oats and a smoothie!
I love overnight oats, they have got to be my favourite breakfast, not only do they taste good, you can change them up a little but they actually keep me full well into the afternoon which means I don’t snack in the morning!! Win Win for me!
So for my over night oats I always use oats, chia seeds, peanut butter and almond milk after that I typically put in whatever fruit I have in the fridge or freezer! If I am feeling up for it I will often put a scoop of Protein World Slender Blend into them too!
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 1 tbs peanut butter (or any nut butter you fancy!)
- Almond milk to cover the oats
- A handful of dried/fresh/frozen fruit
- I save all my jars and re-use them for my oats, so first thing to do is add the oats, chia seeds and peanut butter into the jar.
- Then pour in the almond milk - depending on how thing you like them either just cover the oats or cover them well.
- This is where I put the lid back on the jar and shake it really well!
- Place the jar back in the fridge overnight and top them up with fruit before you are about to eat them!